Tuesday, August 4, 2015

To The Mayor Of Trento

This is an open letter to the mayor of Trento.


Given that you can hardly speak Italian I expect you will probably need somebody to translate this letter into Trentino dialect for you.


I am hoping that by now you fully understand that I mean business. I would like to give you the opportunity to return all monies and property to re-establish a Jewish community in Trento. I expect of course this to include the synagogue in Palazzo Salvadori. I also expect you to remove immediately the anti-Semitic sculptures which currently are shamelessly exhibited on the front face of the building.


I expect the Jewish community to be offered a sizeable sum as compensation for the massacre of the Jews in Trento as a result of the blood liable of Simon of Trent.


I would also like to give you the opportunity to demolish voluntarily both the Cathedral and the Castle Buonconsiglio in Trento which are symbols of the Bishop-Prince office which was responsible for the massacre.


My requests are not negotiable. I think we would both like to avoid the earthquake which is coming which will devastate the entire city.

No comments:

Post a Comment